Before your Competition (at home)
- Practice your gymnastics routines at home: Find an area AWAY from furniture to go over your gymnastics elements. Be careful not to overdo it! Practicing too much before a meet can wear you out, make you frustrated, and even make you unable to compete, if you injure yourself.
- Eat a good dinner. Eat foods like pasta (carbohydrates) and meat (protein). The worst thing you can do is not eat.
- Have your leotard and gym bag ready. It will make your morning a lot easier.
- Plan your gymnastics meet schedule: Gymnastics competition times can range from early morning to very late at night. Plan your day around getting ready, make sure you have enough time to get there and get signed in. Always give yourself EXTRA time!
- Go to bed early. It is essential to have a lot of rest. Even if you are not tired just make sure to lay down and relax. It is normal to feel nervous! Don't worry you are going to do great!
Competition Time (It's meet day!)
- Eat a good breakfast. Eggs, Oatmeal and fruit are great alternatives to a fast food breakfast.
- Visualize your routines again. Continuing on the first step, go over your routine. Even if you went over it the night before, you can never go over your routine to many times.
- Be at your meet venue Early! The last thing you want to worry about is rushing to warm-up and not being there on time. Give yourself plenty of time in the morning to get to your location early.
Lastly, don't forget!!
- Be PROUD of yourself and your skill set even if you don't win. Focus on your own improvement and self-evaluation rather than comparing yourself to others.